commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-compress (in module commons-sandbox) failed
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 04:31:52 GMT
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that compress is in the sandox, it seems strange that it affects
> so many projects.
>
> Do they really all depend on compress?

Transitively, commons-vfs depends on commons-compress

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/commons-sandbox/commons-compress/details.html

and Ivy depends on commons-vfs which again is responsible for most of
the rest.

> Or maybe some of the dependencies are optional, but the descriptors
> are wrong...

BTW, the last failure was because a test fails, I'll leave it to the
developers to figure that out.  I've split tests from building and
hope to get the depending projects to build again (but fear the API
will no longer be what commons-vfs expects).

Stefan