commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Pipeline] contributions
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:48:37 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Ken Tanaka <Ken.Tanaka@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add some documentation and code changes to the Pipeline
> project. I have worked with Kris Nuttycombe on the Pipeline software, and it
> is still actively used at the data center where I work. Since Kris has not
> been using the Pipeline code in his current work, he is working for a
> different organization, he recommended that I seek to become a commiter for
> the Pipeline code base. Reading through the participation information on the
> www.apache.org and incubator.apache.org websites, it's clear that normally a
> person will be a contributer for a while before becoming a committer.
>
> I was thinking of submitting patches through the issue tracking system
> (JIRA), however I suspect there are not as many active committers for the
> Pipeline project as some of the others, so this channel for applying patches
> may not work as well as it normally would. If I don't hear suggestions to
> the contrary, I'll go ahead and start with patch submission via the Issue
> tracker.
>
> You can preview the main documentation I'd like to add at
> https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/wiki/index.php?title=PipelineBasics

<snip/>

Looks great, would be good to have the docs on the Commons Pipeline site.

If you're planning on contributing often, I'll suggest that you send
in a CLA. Since I'm short on email time, allow me to point to an email
from yesterday (see 3-4 paragraphs down for the CLA bit):

  http://markmail.org/message/cj7kukqwnyqyvpds

-Rahul