commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Tanaka <Ken.Tan...@noaa.gov>
Subject [Pipeline] contributions
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:20:36 GMT
Hi,

I would like to add some documentation and code changes to the Pipeline
project. I have worked with Kris Nuttycombe on the Pipeline software,
and it is still actively used at the data center where I work. Since
Kris has not been using the Pipeline code in his current work, he is
working for a different organization, he recommended that I seek to
become a commiter for the Pipeline code base. Reading through the
participation information on the www.apache.org and incubator.apache.org
websites, it's clear that normally a person will be a contributer for a
while before becoming a committer.

I was thinking of submitting patches through the issue tracking system
(JIRA), however I suspect there are not as many active committers for
the Pipeline project as some of the others, so this channel for applying
patches may not work as well as it normally would. If I don't hear
suggestions to the contrary, I'll go ahead and start with patch
submission via the Issue tracker.

You can preview the main documentation I'd like to add at
https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/wiki/index.php?title=PipelineBasics

I know you have to accept a security exception to view this since our
site is self-signed; and our sysadmins have other priorities for the
foreseeable future.

-Ken

--
= Enterprise Data Services Division ===============
| CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center / NOAA  |