commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Holger Hoffstaette" <hol...@wizards.de>
Subject Confused about maven artifact groupIds
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:16:12 GMT

I just noticed some strange inconsistencies with commons groupId,
in my case for commons-io. I had a reference to
org.apache.commons:commons-io:1.3.2 in my pom and wanted to update to 1.4,
only to find that apparently the groupId had reverted to commons-io
(without the apache namespace).
What's up with that? Were the groupIds not supposed to migrate into the
org.apache.commons namespace over time? Instead there are now some
toplevel releases, some under org.apache.commons, and transitive dependency sets are
really messed up. :(

Holger