commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confused about maven artifact groupIds
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:49:22 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Holger Hoffstaette <holger@wizards.de> wrote:

> I just noticed some strange inconsistencies with commons groupId,
> in my case for commons-io. I had a reference to
> org.apache.commons:commons-io:1.3.2 in my pom and wanted to update to 1.4,
> only to find that apparently the groupId had reverted to commons-io
> (without the apache namespace).
> What's up with that? Were the groupIds not supposed to migrate into the
> org.apache.commons namespace over time? Instead there are now some
> toplevel releases, some under org.apache.commons, and transitive dependency sets are
> really messed up. :(

Commons IO 1.3.2 was a mistake - its under both org.apache.commons and
commons-io groupId:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-io/

There has been talk about relocating commons under "org.apache.commons" - see

 http://markmail.org/message/tky6c734r2dia2gd
 http://markmail.org/message/gov633sq5mgzjnkp
 http://markmail.org/message/rl4cueaxa7q75wgf
 http://markmail.org/message/wdrgfppjrppbofqc

... commons-email has done it - but I don''t know if whatever issues
there were with this have been resolved.

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-email/commons-email/1.1/commons-email-1.1.pom

Niall