commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] Release planning
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:00:22 GMT
Phil Steitz a écrit :
> I just added a 2.1 and moved some issues out.  All were enhancement
> requests without patches and no assignee.  Pls all feel free to revert
> any that you feel really need to be in 2.0.    I "claimed" a few of the
> 2.0 issues.  Of course this just means that I will work on these if no
> one beats me to them.  Lets all look at the unclaimed issues and see if
> any of them - or even some of the "claimed" ones involving significant
> work - can move out to 2.1.  Then we can do a release plan and get 2.0 out.
> I guess we should also decide if we want to cut a 1.3 with compatible
> fixes backported.  I am -0 on that, only because I don't personally have
> time to work on it.

Sounds good to me. I also delayed MATH-196 and think will also do this
for MATH-177 (minimization).

I am still working on linear algebra (SVD ...), but progress is slow due
to scarce time and the fact I want to use a better algorithm than the
classical Golub-Reinsch one.

Solvers for stif ODE are an important addition I would like to put in
2.0 too. We may consider the Adams-Moulton method added recently is a
first step towards this and mode it to a "stiff" package. A few more
methods would be needed though.

We could also merge a lot of Mantissa packages with few changes if time
allows ...

I would like to see 2.0 come out as soon as possible, so am reluctant to
a 1.3 release that would be time consuming. I already use 2.0 in some
important stuff (see http://www.orekit.org/ if you are interested) and
the fact it is not released yet bothers me.

Luc