commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Generics and Return Type?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:27:53 GMT
James Carman wrote:
> I think this kind of stuff is perfect for lang, since it already deals
> with reflection and it is a language-level problem.  It took me
> FOREVER to figure out how to do that code! :)  I hope it can help
> someone else.

Hi James,
I can perfectly understand, at the third time I had to write it, I
decided to search for something already done (for example here in
commons :) ), found nothing, so decided to write a good wrapper once and
ease the pain of figuring out how those 4 evil interfaces behave every time.

Even for that prototype I currently have in the lab it took me several
hours (to understand better how it works, you can find test classes here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/magma/trunk/foundation-basics/src/test/java/org/apache/magma/basics/utils/
).

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
MALE human being programming a computer   http://www.simonegianni.it/