commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [LANG] - suggestions for new Identity Hash code classes
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:49:06 GMT
I think I've found a fix to LANG-459 - which is to borrow some code
from Apache Axis.

The required code is a single short class - IDKey (e.g.
http://www.jdocs.com/axis/1.4/org/apache/axis/utils/IDKey.html)

It could be added as a private class of HashCodeBuilder, but it has
wider use, so should probably be added as a public class.

Seems to me it would also be useful to add IdentityHashMap and
IdentityHashSet classes as well, given that LANG still targets Java
1.3.

WDYT?

And do these classes need a new package, or would the top-level package be OK?

S///