commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [javaflow] wrong assertions in AbstractSimpleTestCase
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:59:11 GMT
Torsten Curdt ha scritto:
>> Am I totally wrong or they are issues in the test suite?
>
> Will have a closer look when I am back from vacation. About to walk out
> the door. Back online in two weeks.

So you should be back, or you should do soon.. Hope you are relaxed
because I prepared some work for you ;-)

>> Should I open a JIRA for this and attach a patch?
>
> Sounds good :)

Here we are:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-253
Fix pom dependencies (update asm to latest 2.x and fix jci to a
non-snapshot)

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-254
wrong expectations in failing junit tests (SimpleTestCase)

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-255
synchronized(obj) support is missing (locks are not released when
suspending resulting in IllegalMonitorExceptions)

>> AFAICT the try/catch test works fine once the testsuite assertions
>> have been corrected, the only failure is on the synchronized-test.
>
> Hm

Please, have a look at SANDBOX-254. I hope I understood enough of
javaflow and that the patch is good!

>> About the synchronized block and the illegal monitor i'm not sure I
>> understand how it should work.. should javaflow keep the lock open
>> during the suspension or tracking the locked objects and try to lock
>> them again on resume?
>
> No. The lock needs to be released.

Done in SANDBOX-255. Please review.
I had to introduce a new Frame extension "MonitoringFrame" that also
take care of tracking monitorenter/monitorexit so in any given frame it
knows what local variables are locked.
The test included in javaflow and a more advanced test I wrote for it
seems to work, but I'm sure you can think of better tests that can prove
limits for this approach.

Stefano