commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by rhuso
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:26:18 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by rhuso:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MathWishList

   * AbstractStorelessUnivariateStatistic.evaluate(...) and all the workhorse implementations
in subclasses should be static methods. -- NickGuenther
   * StandardDeviation has versions of .evaluate which take a precalculated mean. It would
be nice if the same sort of thing could be had for all the other measures (e.g. skewness &
kurtosis should be able to take both precalculated means and standard deviations) -- NickGuenther
   * A 'between' function for checking number ranges.  I've searched and could not find one,
but if this functionality already exists, please contact me -- AlexMarshall
+  * Generalized Matrix Inversion, as I describe on http://mjollnir.com/matrix/ -- Rand Huso