commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by tedDunning
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 23:09:35 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by tedDunning:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MathWishList

  A list of feature requests made by Commons-Math users, contributors, and committers.  These
requests will be considered when deciding on new functionality for future releases.  At any
time, additional feature requests can be added simply by editing this page.

   * Add remedian statistic - [http://www.agoras.ua.ac.be/abstract/Remrob90.htm The Remedian:
a Robust Averaging method for Large Data Sets]
+  * Add ability to compute the density of normal distribution and other well behaved distributions
+  * Add ability to sample from some of the common distributions such as normal, gamma, beta
and so on.
+  * Add Dirichlet, Multinomial distributions
   * Add alternative pseudo-random number generators (PRNGs)
     * "implement good random number generators, e.g., like those described in ''Numerical
Recipes'' or Knuth". -- AlChou
     * I highly recommend working with Paul Houle [http://www.honeylocust.com/RngPack/] to
get these random number generators integrated into the math library. He has stated to me in
the past that he is willing to relicense them under the Apache license. As well I beleive
that with the BSD being compatable with Apache licensing, there would be little stopping us
from integrating them ourselves as a derivative work. - Mark Diggory - Pluggable as of 1.1
release.