commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] 1.8.0 RC2 available for review
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:29:51 GMT
Hi Niall,

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/beanutils/tags/BEANUTILS_1_8_0_RC2/

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/beanutils-1.8.0-rc2/site/clirr-report.html
> (note breaking compatibility with 1.8.0 Beta was discussed here:
>  http://commons.markmail.org/message/xpeify7dioksg7xg )
>
> I'm going to be away (and offline) from Thursday for a week - so
> there'll be a delay in me responding to any feedback.

I've run Maven using the source distribution with several JDKs on Gentoo
Linux. As usual Maven 2 fails itself if run with an IBM JDK. Packaging
works well with Sun JDKs and Blackdown JDK However, the MemoryLeakTestCase
fails with the JRockit JDKs (1.4.2 and 5):

============= %< ==============
Test set: org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase
Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 11.187 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference(org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase)

Time elapsed: 1.535 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Method getMappedProperty for
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.pojotests.SomeMappedPojo could
not be reconstructed - class reference has gone
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$MappedMethodReference.get(MappedPropertyDescriptor.java:455)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$MappedMethodReference.access$00
(MappedPropertyDescriptor.java:429)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.getMappedReadMethod(MappedPropertyDescriptor.java:242)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase.testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference(MemoryLeakTestCase.java:189)
============= %< ==============

Using Maven 1 the build fails also at the same test (all JDKs incl. the ones
of IBM):

============= %< ==============
Testsuite: org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0.131 sec

Testcase:
testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference(org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase):
Caused an ERROR
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.pojotests.SomeMappedPojo
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.pojotests.SomeMappedPojo
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
        at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:889)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase.testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference(MemoryLeakTestCase.java:165)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:195)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag.doTag(IfTag.java:42)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag.runBodyTag(MavenGoalTag.java:83)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag$MavenGoalAction.performAction(MavenGoalTag.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:691)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:623)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:526)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:621)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:712)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:265)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:217)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)