commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net 1.5 / 2.0 Releases
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 06:26:48 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Rory Winston <rory.winston@gmail.com> wrote:
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Oberhuber, Martin
>> <Martin.Oberhuber@windriver.com> wrote:
>>

>>> The backward compatibility question you mention was about the
>>> suggestion to refactor the Commons Net "small protocol"
>>> implementations into separate packages each:
>>>

>> Oh, that was not my understanding. But since there hasn't been such a
>> change (besides to separate FTP client JAR) I guess we're good to go
>> in this aspect.
>
> This change was done months ago (for 2.0 at least).

Re-reading the thread I see that I completely misunderstood Martins
email. Rory is of course correct, for the clients listed by Niall
previously, they have been moved into their own packages. The same way
as the other clients, like FTP and SMTP did before. Now that Martin
seems fine with this change I guess we can go ahead.

/niklas