commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net 1.5 / 2.0 Releases
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:12:51 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Oberhuber, Martin
<Martin.Oberhuber@windriver.com> wrote:
> The backward compatibility question you mention was about the
> suggestion to refactor the Commons Net "small protocol"
> implementations into separate packages each:

Oh, that was not my understanding. But since there hasn't been such a
change (besides to separate FTP client JAR) I guess we're good to go
in this aspect.

> I was not in favor of such a costly, breaking change which
> doesn't buy much, so I'd vote for going forward towards
> a release. Can you put up a release candidate?

That's my plan unless someone objects. I'll have one up as soon as my
home internet connection is back online *grumbles about lousy ISPs*

/niklas