commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC5
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:42:19 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Matt Benson
>> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> <snip/>
>> >
>> > P.S. Now, who wants to guide me through the
>> remainder
>> > of this process, besides renaming the svn tag?
>> TIA
>> >
>> <snap/>
>>
>> Its easier if you ask questions if you need to.
>>

> Am I supposed to do the actual release with m2?  From
> the same branch, rebuilding/signing the artifacts?  Or
> simply releasing the same exact artifacts as
> constituted the RC?  m2 always leaves me in a state of
> doubt.

No, that would re-build the artifacts and you need to complete the
release using the artifacts we voted on.

You need to do from Step 6 onwards documented here - but with a few variations:
   http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html

In Step 8 (Deploy jar, project.xml and license.html to
Java-Repository) you need to do this in the m2 repo (rather than m1)
here:

/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-jxpath
/commons-jxpath/1.3/

... by just creating the appropriate directory structure and copying
in the pom, jars sigs etc

You also need to create a maven-metadata.xml file in
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-jxpath
/commons-jxpath/

I would start with the following one and add in the 1.3 release:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-jxpath/commons-jxpath/maven-metadata.xml

Because this is the first m2 release of JXPath you also need to ping
repository@apache.org telling theres a new m2 groupId (i.e.
commons-jxpath).

hth

Niall