commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Commons build and release documentation does not have M2 details
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:49:29 GMT
> The Commons documentation at:
>
>  http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html
>  http://commons.apache.org/building.html
>
>  only refers to Ant and M1 builds.
>
>  Is anyone working on documenting the M2 builds?

<snip/>

I had offered to write something up after my first m2 release at
Commons couple of months ago, if everyone was happy with the process I
used. Turns out there were atleast a couple of discussion items
(though these aren't blockers for releases, or documentation, IMO):

 (1) Whether we should use the release plugin (I did)
 (2) If 1, how to handle the <scm> rewrites in the pom

I started documenting on the wiki (its close to the m2 way to
releasing, so there is less to document) in the "Maven2 Release
Procedure" section of the CreatingReleases [1] page. I will add some
more text to that (regarding RC tags, for example) next week.

-Rahul

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases