commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dell'Acqua, Carlo" <carlo.dellac...@siemens.com>
Subject How to filter remote file list ?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:34:56 GMT
Hello,

I'm using FTPClient to access a remote FTP server and get a subset of
files contained into its directory, the following is an exctract from my
code:

FTPClient ftpcl = new FTPClient();

ftpcl.connect(remotehost);
if(!FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(ftpcl.getReplyCode())) {
    // ERROR
}

if(!ftpcl.login(remoteuser, remotepassword)) {
    // ERROR
}

ftpcl.noop();

if(!ftpcl.changeWorkingDirectory(remotedir)) {
    // ERROR
}

FTPListParseEngine engine = ftpcl.initiateListParsing();

while (engine.hasNext()) {
    FTPFile[] files = engine.getNext(50);

    for(FTPFile file : files) {
        if(fileOK(file)) {
            FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream( dst );
            if(!ftpcl.retrieveFile( file.getName(), fos )) {
                // ERROR
            }
        }
    }
}

The problem is that on remote directory there are a lot of files that I
don't need to download (they have a different file name from the file I
need to download); until now I have used my method fileOK(FTPFile) to
check each file returned by initiateListParsing();
so my question is: is it possible to filter the file returned by
initiateListParsing() using a regular expression ?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards.