commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <>
Subject Re: [cli] CLI 1.2 Release preparation
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:50:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <> wrote:
> I'm preparing the release for CLI 1.2, I have uploaded the files and the
> site on If this looks good I'll roll out a formal RC1.

I think its worth highlighting to people that the OptionValidator
class has changed from public to package scope:

Looking at why you did this, seems OK to me:

The only problem I see is the m2/JDK 1.4 issue with dir name the
source distro unpacks to (screws up the version number and uses
"2.4.1" rather than the correct component version:

The solution is to either use JDK 1.5 or hard code the dir in the
src.xml assembly descriptor.

> The plan is to let the RC run at least one month before releasing a second
> RC or a final release. In the meantime I'll contact the main projects using
> CLI and ask them to give it a try. This should ensure that no major
> regression is introduced in this release.
> Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message