commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cli] CLI 1.2 Release preparation
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:50:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm preparing the release for CLI 1.2, I have uploaded the files and the
> site on people.apache.org. If this looks good I'll roll out a formal RC1.

I think its worth highlighting to people that the OptionValidator
class has changed from public to package scope:
    http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/cli-1.2/site-1.2/clirr-report.html

Looking at why you did this, seems OK to me:

The only problem I see is the m2/JDK 1.4 issue with dir name the
source distro unpacks to (screws up the version number and uses
"2.4.1" rather than the correct component version:
    http://markmail.org/message/h2dfclne4fve5qtc
    http://markmail.org/message/wqqs67eyi6hq3mcq

The solution is to either use JDK 1.5 or hard code the dir in the
src.xml assembly descriptor.

Niall