commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] release preparation
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:05:12 GMT
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Matt Benson
>> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Is a `mvn site` from  a src distribution supposed
>> > generate download_[component].cgi?
>> <snip/>
>>
>> No.
>>

>> >  If not, are we
>> > intended to make sure we preserve the existing
>> file or
>> > re-create it when deploying the site?
>> <snap/>
>>
>> Don't need to do anything special for it (its
>> preserved by default).
>>
>> Process:
>>  * Update <commons.release.version> in pom
>>  * "mvn commons:download-page" to gen the .xml
>> download page
>>  * "mvn site-deploy" (or similar)
>>
>> As an aside (though perhaps its related), I saw a
>> couple of updates to
>> SVN tags go by -- it'd be best if we can avoid
>> these.
>>

> As these were updates directly related to creating
> RC5, I have no idea how to appease you in this regard.
>  :(

Theres really two ways of doing this.

1) Do all the updates in the trunk and then tag
2) Create a branch for the release, update there and then tag

IMO best to choose 1) if the whole focus is only on the current
release and 2) if other people are want to continue to do development
and not have to hold off on commits while the release is being done.

Niall