commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] CLI 1.2 Release preparation
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:11:51 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm preparing the release for CLI 1.2, I have uploaded the files and the
>> site on people.apache.org. If this looks good I'll roll out a formal RC1.
>
> I think its worth highlighting to people that the OptionValidator
> class has changed from public to package scope:
>     http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/cli-1.2/site-1.2/clirr-report.html
>
> Looking at why you did this, seems OK to me:
>     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=678678
>
> The only problem I see is the m2/JDK 1.4 issue with dir name the
> source distro unpacks to (screws up the version number and uses
> "2.4.1" rather than the correct component version:
>     http://markmail.org/message/h2dfclne4fve5qtc
>     http://markmail.org/message/wqqs67eyi6hq3mcq
>
> The solution is to either use JDK 1.5 or hard code the dir in the
> src.xml assembly descriptor.

I've been trying to reproduce this problem using the cli-1.x branch, but
haven't been able to. The jars that was uploaded by Emmanuel have the
problem though. I'd like to see this resolved on the Maven side, if
possible. Niall, do you know if an issue was filed for this problem?

I'm using Maven 2.0.8, Sun 1.4.2 JDK on Windows XP Pro.
What are you using?

> Niall
>
>> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/cli-1.2
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/cli-1.2/site
>>
>> The plan is to let the RC run at least one month before releasing a second
>> RC or a final release. In the meantime I'll contact the main projects using
>> CLI and ask them to give it a try. This should ensure that no major
>> regression is introduced in this release.
>>
>> Emmanuel Bourg

Dennis Lundberg