commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r680694 - in /commons/proper/cli/branches/cli-1.x: NOTICE.txt build.xml maven.xml pom.xml project.xml src/assembly/src.xml src/conf/MANIFEST.MF
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:29:10 GMT
Niall Pemberton a écrit :

> Better IMO to produce the release using
> JDK1.5 and Maven2 and just provide an ant build to be able to test the
> RC using JDK 1.3. As long as m2 has JDK 1.3 source/target options set,
> then it will be JDK 1.3 compatible and as long as we test the RC using
> Ant JDK1.3 then it ensures no JDK 1.4+ APIs have crept into the code
> base.

I guess someone will object that it doesn't ensure that the jar
generated by Maven actually works with a Java 1.3 environment. However I
don't think this is really a concern for CLI, because it's used mainly
for command line applications and not web applications, and these
applications are less likely to require an older JRE.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message