commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r680694 - in /commons/proper/cli/branches/cli-1.x: NOTICE.txt build.properties build.xml maven.xml pom.xml project.properties project.xml src/assembly/src.xml src/conf/MANIFEST.MF
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:38:54 GMT
Niall Pemberton a écrit :
> Personally I think its a bad idea having all this MANIFEST stuff
> hardcoded - since it just makes errors during release more likely. A
> good example was BeanUtils 1.7.0 where the manifest version number
> wasn't updated and has caused alot of confusion and quite a few bug
> tickets.

I would prefer to remove the Ant build and use exclusively Maven 2 but
that's the same old issue with Java 1.3. My idea was to build the jar
with Ant+Java 1.3 and replace it in the binary distribution generated by
Maven. That's why I updated the manifest to match the details of the one
generated by Maven.

Emmanuel Bourg