commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] CLI 2 State of Play
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:07:07 GMT
Paul Cager a écrit :

> By the way, are we all agreed that the "-D" type of option should be
> "hasArg" rather than "hasArgs"?  I.e. each "-D" option takes only a
> single argument, although you can, of course, have multiple "-D"
> options. I think that is the intention of Emmanuel's patch and is
> consistent with 1.0 behaviour.

The reasoning is that an Option describes how each occurrence of the
option should look on the command line.

> However I believe the fix has broken "withValueSeparator", which now
> seems to work only if the option is "hasArgs" (if it is "hasArg" then
> the argument isn't broken on the separator). Changing hasArgs() to
> hasArg() in ApplicationTest.java demonstrates this problem

I checked ApplicationTest.testAnt() from the CLI 1.0 tag and the
behavior is the same. The test works with hasArgs() but fails with hasArg().

> I've got some spare time coming up in a few weeks, and would be happy to
> help. We use commons-cli 1.1 in Debian, and I'd like to see some of the
> problems fixed.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Emmanuel Bourg