commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [cli] CLI 2 State of Play
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:17:16 GMT
Henri Yandell schrieb:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Russel Winder
> <russel.winder@concertant.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 16:02 +0100, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>> I saw from the following blog[1] that Hadoop is using CLI
>>> 2.0-SNAPSHOT, but they're considering rolling back (HADOOP-3676[2])
>>> because of the uncertainty wrt CLI 2.0. Seems the most recent
>>> discussion was inconclusive:
>>>
>>> http://markmail.org/message/ssh3mgwngpr4m5jz
>>>
>>> I guess the lack of decision on 2.0 is/was caused by lack of people -
>>> although besides Henri, Emmanuel seems to have got interested
>>> recently. Perhaps we should just throw out a release and see what
>>> happens? Anyone got any ideas/opinions on moving forward - seems that
>>> remaining in limbo is the worst option.
>> The fact that there doesn't seem to be any consistent interest in
>> developing Commons CLI is the problem.  I cannot commit any of my time
>> to it I'm afraid.  I haven't really had chance to test Emmanuel's
>> putative fix for CLI-137 which was a principal blocker.  However, a
>> quick check appears to show that some of the problems of CLI-137 are
>> still present  in HEAD.
>>
>> The lack of progress on a 1.2 release, and the fact that a decision was
>
> Looks like a 1.2 is ready to release. At least there are no open
> issues related to 1.x.
>
> Hen

What is the current status of CLI2?

I agree with Niall that we should try to get a release out, and I am
willing to help. Jira says that there are 3 issues for affected version
= 2.0. Not sure whether this selects all bugs related to CLI2.

I will have a look at CLI-126. There is a patch available from Brian
Egge, but Henry reported that it causes another test to fail.

Oliver