commons-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <russel.win...@concertant.com>
Subject [CLI] recent changes to PosixParser
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:36:31 GMT
The recent commits to the CLI code has removed the silent absorbing of
unknown single letter options by the PosixParser which is good.  Also
the really bizarre behaviour with single hyphen, multicharacter options
by the PosixParser has been removed, which is good.  However with the
second of these the hyphen gets removed which is not true of the
BasicParser or GnuParser.  Should all three behave the same?

Unfortunately, the changes have extended other bizarre behaviours of the
PosixParser.  In particular, I am finding that I am getting a response
of '--' from the PosixParser.getOptionValue in situations where I didn't
used to.  The new situation is more consistent than it was in that this
used to happen for long option but not for short options.  Of course the
new situation means that a case that used to work now does not.

I will try and work out a proper unit test.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077