commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress] A few comments
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:56:20 GMT
Hi

> Git is problematic for Windows. I tried to clone the repository with
> msysgit but it failed with the following error :
>
>    fatal: Couldn't find remote ref HEAD

I use cygwin and could check out with:
$ git clone http://projects.grobmeier.de/compress-redesign.gitcompress-redesign

I created a zip file for you:
http://projects.grobmeier.de/compress-redesign-draft1.zip

> What are the differences of the new implementation ?

the old implementation is "file based" as you allready have mentioned. The
new implementation just uses input/output streams.
We also introduced delete support with a changeset implementation. That
stuff is very new
not tested very well, but if you want to contribute, I would be happy. I was
lazy the last weeks :-)

Best regards,
Chris