commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RC attempts
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:48:56 GMT
On 6/12/08, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  --- James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

<snip/>
>  >
>  > You need to use the "rc" profile when building a
>  > release candidate.
>  > The default profile shouldn't be updating the site.
>  > We should have to
>  > turn on a "release" profile or something for that to
>  > happen.  What
>  > command did you use?
>  >

> Well, actually I think my problem is that I was trying
>  to use _some_ of Rahul's proposed instructions on the
>  CreatingReleases page on the wiki; I need to remember,
>  apparently, that none of those commands are
>  particularly safe as yet and that I should completely
>  ignore them in favor of your commands farther down the
>  page.  <sigh>

<snap/>

Yup, sigh:

 * The default goals in release:perform include site-deploy (the other
one being deploy)
 * The rc profile should stage the site, but site URLs cannot be
specified in the parent [1]
 * You probably don't have the site set up for the rc profile in the
component pom, see bottom of Commons SCXML pom [2]

I'll mention this on the wiki if I remember beyond the jet lag.

-Rahul

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-26
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/pom.xml