commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: access some class outside from inside scxml file
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:15:43 GMT
Please ask usage questions on the Commons user list, and please prefix
email subjects with [SCXML].

On 6/2/08, Zuo, Tao <tao.zuo@intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I 'd like to access some class outside scxml .
>  But this piece of code below from the specification seems silent.
>  Did I miss anything or it is still not supported?
>  Any suggestion  please?
>
>  Example: <script> in executable content to manipulate the data model
>  <state id="updateDM">
>     <onentry>
>       <script>
>         _data.myDate = new Date();
>         updateCounter();
>       </script>
>     </onentry>
>  </state>

<snip/>

The script module is not implemented in Commons SCXML yet. However,
the module contains only one action ( <script> ) and Commons SCXML
provides the ability to implement custom actions [1], which may be
used to provide an interim solution.

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/custom-actions.html