commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <>
Subject Re: Apache Commons FTPClient not wokring in Red Hat Linux
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:28:16 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:37 PM, James Carman
<> wrote:
> What exactly are you having trouble with?  What is "not working on
> linux"?  What behavior are you seeing?  Are you getting an exception?
> If so, can you provide a stack trace, please.

Venkar does state that he is seeing a deadlock at "the bolded code"
which looking in the Nabble message is the following line:
ftpclient.retrieveFile(strConfigFileName.trim(), baos);

> Also, some might consider it rude to append your message with
> "solution to this.  I am in urgent need" (especially after only 2
> minutes).

Agreed :-)

Anyways, from the problem described I would suspect a network problem
with establishing the data connection. Venkar, can you verify that the
client and server can establish a socket connection on whatever port
the client is using the for active connection. Or, could you maybe try
using passive mode?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message