commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RC attempts
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:50:53 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Update:  Luckily pquerna was available on #asfinfra
> and retrieved the production site from www before it
> got synched with the new content.  I couldn't get
> JXPATH_1_2 to build the Maven 1 site... though I did
> find an email trail where jcarman had had the same
> problem before:
>
> Could not find the class:
> org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.fmt.FmtTagLibrary
>
> I'll try the RC again tomorrow.

Personally I don't like the release plugin and I don't use it for
component releases (only the poms). I just tag the RC, manually
setting the actual version number. Then check out the release
candidate tag and build the RC using "mvn -Prc install" (using
"install" rather than "package" also causes the checksums to be
created - but in you local m2 repo).

Niall