commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Zeckoski" <aar...@vt.edu>
Subject Re: [lang] Java 5
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:54:42 GMT
I would be happy to see this for lots of the commons projects.
Shouldn't the generics APIs generally be compatible with the current
ones? I have been able to add generics to APIs in the past without
breaking compatibility since they really only come into play at
compile time anyway.
Also, if you are looking for volunteers then I would be happy to help.
-AZ

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is a JIRA item for using generics, and another
> for varargs.  Additionally it'd probably be nice to
> use generics-level reflection in the oacl.reflect
> package.  Thoughts on [lang] 3.0 moving to Java 5
> source level?
>
> -Matt

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz@vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]