commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RC attempts
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:03:56 GMT

--- James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> You're right, imagining the profanity makes this
> message much more
> enjoyable! :)

I don't know about that, but I know that writing it
without felt awfully stifling.

> You need to use the "rc" profile when building a
> release candidate.
> The default profile shouldn't be updating the site.
> We should have to
> turn on a "release" profile or something for that to
> happen.  What
> command did you use?

Well, actually I think my problem is that I was trying
to use _some_ of Rahul's proposed instructions on the
CreatingReleases page on the wiki; I need to remember,
apparently, that none of those commands are
particularly safe as yet and that I should completely
ignore them in favor of your commands farther down the
page.  <sigh>

-Matt