commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubation proposal for [flatfile] component
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:33:43 GMT
That looks interesting, this kind of structure can still be found today
in ar and cpio archives used for deb and rpm packages. I also used this
style of file in inter bank communications a few years ago.

That would be awesome if the component was able to operate on binary
files too, you would define the structure in a DSL like language and map
it to your beans. Just dreaming :)

Do you plan to implement push/pull parsing (maybe it already does).

Are there any similar open source projects ?

Emmanuel Bourg