commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [exec] Proposal - Moving commons-exec from sandbox to proper
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:13:50 GMT
Hi Niall,

I only have the same response I wrote six months ago ... :-)

+) I can't make any promises but commons-exec is small enough to be
maintained in the small hours when the family is asleep
+) I'm not expecting a huge user base - it's too late for that since
many in-house libraries are already used
+) I'm not expecting many bugs because the original ANT while not
perfect is still a solid foundation
+) I think that one or two commons developers will use the code and
might provide additional support if needed

And I still think that commons-exec is a valuable addition to commons
proper because it is hard to write such a component running on various
OS/JVM installations ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl