commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject [exec] Proposal - Moving commons-exec from sandbox to proper
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:46:57 GMT
Hi folks,

according to http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MovingFromSandboxToProperSVN
there needs to be an official proposal - any blockers from moving
commons-exec to commons proper?!

The current state of the commons-exec
(http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/)

+) I made my first bug fix in April 2007 after finding out that I have
the karma to mess up the project ... :-)
+) I officially took over the code in November 2007
+) I went through all the open JIRAs and fixed them including regression
tests
+) I cleaned up the code and javadocs
+) removed commons-logging dependency
+) added a few more features plus regression tests
+) with the help of the commons community commons-exec was tested on
various platforms and JVMs (see
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/testmatrix.html)
+) I was promoted to commons committer in April 2008
+) there was some interest in getting/using commons-exec from the user
community
+) I use commons-exec in production for more than on year

The not so good things

+) unfortunately we have no coverage on Solaris and broken tests on
OpenVMS - the missing Solaris coverage is IMO critical
+) I am the one and only person actively maintaining the code

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: I just uploaded the website but it will take a while to be available