commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Java 5
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:13:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is a JIRA item for using generics, and another
> for varargs.  Additionally it'd probably be nice to
> use generics-level reflection in the oacl.reflect
> package.  Thoughts on [lang] 3.0 moving to Java 5
> source level?

Reading through the whole thread, I'm +1 to making Lang 3.0 Java 5
specific, to adding new Java 5 features, and to removing deprecated
functionality (ie: the enum package and various other methods), but
not to modifying existing features in a backwards incompatible way.

We also shouldn't remove features that are available in another means
in Java 1.5; ie: the enums package.

Hen