commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r656075 - /commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/assembly/src.xml
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 20:09:11 GMT
> On 14/05/2008, rahul@apache.org <rahul@apache.org> wrote:
>  > Author: rahul
>  >  Date: Tue May 13 18:22:45 2008
>  >  New Revision: 656075
>  >
>  >  Log:
>  >  Hard code version in source assembly descriptor to work around m2 bug when releasing
with JDK 1.4 (thanks to Niall Pemberton).
>  >

> BTW, which Maven command is affected by this bug?
>
>  I just tried "mvn assembly:assembly" using the original version of
>  src.xml, and the generated src.zip file used 0.8 rather than 2.4.1.
>  This was using Maven 2.0.8/Java 1.4.2/WinXP
>
>  I must be doing something wrong for it to come out right ;-)

<snip/>

:-)

In this case, it manifested itself via "mvn -Prc release:perform"
(which requires a "mvn -Prc release:prepare" beforehand).

But you probably don't want to try that unless you are cutting a
release (it will try to make changes to the pom and add the svn tag
etc.)

See same issue with couple [1] of [2] other RCs. Maybe "mvn -Prc
install" will bring it out as well. If that doesn't, try "mvn -Prc
deploy" (this is part of release:perform) but purposely enter bad
creds in settings.xml so nothing actually gets deployed. Or something
creative like that if you really want to reproduce it :-)

-Rahul

[1] http://markmail.org/message/64hjzmjtj53hcrgx
[2] http://markmail.org/message/b5ia7uahe4klcmp5