commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [all] Commons SCXML 0.8 RC1 available
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 04:41:28 GMT
Thanks for your time. Comments below ...

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Niall Pemberton
<> wrote:
> The pom.xml had an "empty" <commons.binary.suffix> property (because
> the last 0.7 release the binary distro didn't have a suffix) - this
> one does though, so I removed that element as the default is "bin" and
> I re-generated the download page:

Great, that works. The release plugin was causing pseudo-updates for
the empty element (on release:perform).

> Theres a problem with m2 and JDK 1.4 and the ${version} property in
> the src assembly descriptor - it picks up some plexus version no. and
> so the source distro unpacks to commons-scxml-2.4.1-src. To get round
> this you either need to hard code the version number in the source
> descriptor (i.e. scr.xml) or use JDK 1.5 to build the release.
> see

Fun stuff :-)

I'll try JDK 1.5 next.

> Also I believe the *noise* in the tag commit is caused if "svn up"
> hasn't been done after some changes - something to put in the release
> notes to do before using the release plugin.

Yeah, looks like the noise is the bits I updated today. Will add it to
the notes (and remember that before RC2).

I plan on cutting RC2 mid next week. In the mean time, if anyone has
other comments about RC1, please post here.

> Niall
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Rahul Akolkar <> wrote:
>> Distributions, key, release notes, clirr, rat:
>> Site (many links -- such as release docs, some Javadocs; and images
>> will remain broken on staging site):
>> m2 staging repo:
>> Thanks in advance for all feedback.
>> This is the first RC using the recent changes to commons-parent. If
>> this is successful, I will write up some m2 release docs.
>> -Rahul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message