commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Component ideas
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 18:36:42 GMT
Thanks, Henri!

Of course I'll have you!  I'll join incubator's mailing list and
update the CommonsSSL proposal when I have a few spare moments -
probably before this weekend.

Are you interested in joining the not-yet-commons-ssl mailing list over there?

It's very low volume right now - like one message a month.  But I'll
see you here on commons-user and incubator as well, so there's no real
need to join up.

yours,

Julius

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Julius Davies <juliusdavies@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Henri,
>  >
>  >  Is your timing just a coincidence?
>  >
>  >  http://lists.juliusdavies.ca/pipermail/not-yet-commons-ssl-juliusdavies.ca/2008-March/000102.html
>  >
>  >
>  >  I was just going to sit down and finally rewrite my old incubator wiki
>  >  page....  (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CommonsSSLProposal), but
>  >  maybe I should band onto this instead?  I'm having such a hard time
>  >  building community for this library.  The users are nice, and the bug
>  >  reports (90% from SoapUI users!!!) are nice.  But so far in 1 year
>  >  I've only had two small patches sent in.
>
>  There wasn't much interest in the idea in the end. I think it'll be
>  best just to go ahead with incubator proposals for each component and
>  see how it goes. We can optimize if we find parts problematic.
>
>  I'm happy to volunteer as a mentor for commons-ssl if you'll have me :)
>

>  Hen

yours,

Julius Davies
250-592-2284 (Home)