commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] m2 releases, common issues
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 21:35:10 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> Thought I'd make a list of m2 issues I encountered while releasing,
> with the intent of saving time for others who may see similar
> behavior(s):
>
> 1) Site plugin doesn't pick up server configuration (if you need
> <server>/<configuration> in the settings.xml for site deploys). See
> MSITE-25 [1]. Patches have been applied (thanks to dennisl), but fix
> is unreleased.

The fix for this is included in the upcoming site plugin 2.0-beta-7, see
schedule: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Doxia+Release+Plan

> 2) Stage plugin only allows for scp:// target repo URLs. See MSTAGE-3
> [2]. Patch has been applied (thanks to brett), but fix is unreleased.
>
> 3) Using JDK 1.4 and some m2.0.x versions leads to a 2.4.1 version
> number for the assemblies (just source, IIRC). Fix is to either
> hardcode version in assembly descriptor or use JDK 1.5 (obviously,
> thats not the real fix, but I don't want to digress).
>
> 4) Release plugin will rewrite the SCM URLs. I used one approach (of
> using the RC tag here), but not everyone liked it.

This is by design. How is this a problem for us? Is it a problem for RCs?

> Ofcourse, this assumes that everyone has a basic m2 setup configured
> to deploy to p.a.o etc. (if some of us don't have it, thats #0 in the
> list above).

I don't think that there is anything to setup, besides installing M2.
But if there is, then we should document it on the commons site. Perhaps
the settings.xml config brought up by Henri.

--
Dennis Lundberg