commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NET] Tabs and spaces
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 19:13:59 GMT
Dare I suggest that we start working on a Commons wide code style document?

I'm willing to put in time setting up a Checkstyle configuration and an
IDEA template, for whatever style we decide upon.

What style we should choose? I don't really care that much, but like
sebb I'm allergic to tabs in any kind of source code. I say pick a style
from one of the components that actually have a defined code style already.

Doing this doesn't mean that we have to change every component right at
once. We can start by establishing a standard and then slip that into
each component when it is time to release that component.

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
> Is there any guideline on tabs vs spaces in Commons?
>
> Given that due to the Copyright Text Change we have
> A diff on each and every file already, now might be
> A good time to do such a global cleanup, in order
> To simplify diffs / patches in upcoming bugfix
> Releases, and cross-porting patches between the
> 1.5 and 2.0 streams.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
> Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member
> http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Dennis Lundberg