commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.8
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 08:15:44 GMT
Rahul Akolkar a écrit :
> This is a vote to release the following artifacts as Commons SCXML 0.8:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.8/RC2/
>
> ------------
> [ ] +1 for release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1 for release because...

Generating the site on Linux, with maven 2 and JDK 1.6.0_06 gives me a
few warnings for tests javadoc (references not found for @link pointing
to SCXML itself). This are details.

What bother me a little more is that I have run findbugs-maven-plugin
version 1.1.1 with default settings on the release candidate, and it
found a few bugs (27). These bugs fall into a small set of categories:
  - incomplete synchronization on some fields,
  - non-transient and non-serializable fields
  - missing serialVersionUID
  - fields not initialized in constructors
  - non-localized toLowerCase
  - use of System.exit

Of course, some of them may be false positive (probably the two last).

I don't know if the synchronization problems are real problems or not.
So I would temporarily vote -1 and can change it if you tell me these
problems are not real.

Luc