commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [math] should version 2.0 be targeted to Java 5 ?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 23:26:51 GMT
sebb a écrit :

> However AFAICS "jar hell" could still apply to those unknown projects,
> and needs to be avoided if at all possible.

Well, the probability of jar hell with Commons Math is near zero, I
would not annoy all the users with a package change for a very
hypothetical issue. When you look at the dependencies on lang [1] or
collections [2] you understand why these components must adopt a very
careful approach, but [math] is nowhere near this situation.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message