commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [jxpath] recent changes
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 19:16:16 GMT
Matt Benson a écrit :
> Thanks for the help, Emmanuel.  I have to wonder,
> though, about allowing missing javadoc isn't going too
> far?  I recognize that @inheritDoc may not be
> supported on earlier versions of the tool, but it at
> least, IMHO, allows us a comfort level wrt javadoc
> coverage of the API.

@inheritDoc is really useful for adding a comment to a method that is
overridden, it allows to append more details after the method's
documentation from the superclass. Used alone it doesn't improve the
documentation since the javadoc tools already supports the inheritance
of the methods documentation. The only benefit of @inheritDoc is to
prevent the false positive warnings from CheckStyle, but the blame
should be put on CheckStyle for not recognizing the inherited documentation.

Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message