commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC2
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 21:45:52 GMT

--- sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>:
> > Thanks for taking a look, Seb.
> >

> >  --- sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > 2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>:
> >  > > First, thanks to all those who checked and
> found
> >  > >  issues with RC1!
> >  > >
> >  > >  The artifacts are here:
> >  > >
> http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/
> >  > >
> >  >
> >  > It would be nice if the Javadoc and Source
> MANIFEST
> >  > files contained a
> >  > bit more detail.
> >  > e.g. Implementation Version, Vendor etc.
> >
> >  parent?
> >

> >  >
> >  > The binary manifest says that the code is
> designed
> >  > for Java 1.3, yet
> >  > it was built and tested in Java 1.5.
> >  >
> >  > M2 requires only Java 1.4, so unless there is
> any
> >  > reason why that
> >  > cannot be used, at least it would be closer to
> the
> >  > target version.
> >  > This would at least catch any accidental usage
> of
> >  > Java 1.5+ methods.
> >

> >  My primary dev environment is OSX... I guess I
> could
> >  boot to (blecch) Windows in the future...
> >

> Does OSX not support Java 1.3 or even 1.4?

Not that I'm aware; I'd love to be proven wrong,
however.

> >  >
> >  > Ant build fails with Java 1.3.1:
> >  >
> >  >     [junit] Testsuite:
> >  > org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.StressTest
> >  >     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors:
> 1,
> >  > Time elapsed: 1.078 sec
> >  >     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors:
> 1,
> >  > Time elapsed: 1.078 sec
> >  >     [junit]
> >  >     [junit] Testcase: testThreads took 0.688
> sec
> >  >     [junit]     Caused an ERROR
> >  >     [junit] null
> >  >     [junit] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> >  >     [junit]     at
> >  >

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.StressTest$StressRunnable.run(StressTest.java:81)

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jxpath/tags/JXPATH_1_3_RC2/
> >  > >
> >  >
> >  > The rat.xml file is set up to only check Java
> files.
> >  > It should really check all the files apart from
> >  > specific exceptions -
> >  > e.g. the JavaCC-generated files.
> >  > However, there don't appear to be any problems.
> >
> >  Yep, see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-8 ,
> >  which I see has been applied and resolved w/o
> sending
> >  me a notification, hmm.  I'm not aware of what
> RAT
> >  version mvn is pulling, but I can go ahead and
> mod
> >  this in trunk now that they've applied my patch.
> >

> Nevertheless, you should be scanning all files apart
> from ones which
> RAT is picking up erroneously.
>
> >  >
> >  > A few SVN property problems:
> >  >
> >  > svn pd svn:executable
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/util/JXPath11CompatibleTypeConverter.java
> >  > svn pd svn:executable
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/util/ReverseComparator.java
> >  > svn pd svn:executable
> >  >

src/test/org/apache/commons/jxpath/ri/model/beans/BadlyImplementedFactoryTest.java
> >  >
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathAbstractFactoryException.java
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathFunctionNotFoundException.java
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathInvalidAccessException.java
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathInvalidSyntaxException.java
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathNotFoundException.java
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  >

src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathTypeConversionException.java
> >  >
> >  > Not sure about this one; check what the other
> JSPs
> >  > have:
> >  >
> >  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
> >  > src/test-webapp/JXPathTest.jsp
> >
> >  Noted.
> >
> >  >
> >  > These are not blockers.
> >
> >  Thanks; do I assume your final vote comes out to
> a +0,
> >  -0, or what?  :)
> >

> -1 because of the test failure.

Ah... you simply meant the last set were not blockers.
 :)

-Matt

http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/site

http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/clirr-report.txt