commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC2
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 20:47:12 GMT
2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>:
> First, thanks to all those who checked and found
>  issues with RC1!
>
>  The artifacts are here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/

It would be nice if the Javadoc and Source MANIFEST files contained a
bit more detail.
e.g. Implementation Version, Vendor etc.

The binary manifest says that the code is designed for Java 1.3, yet
it was built and tested in Java 1.5.

M2 requires only Java 1.4, so unless there is any reason why that
cannot be used, at least it would be closer to the target version.
This would at least catch any accidental usage of Java 1.5+ methods.

Ant build fails with Java 1.3.1:

    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.StressTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.078 sec
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.078 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] Testcase: testThreads took 0.688 sec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] null
    [junit] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.StressTest$StressRunnable.run(StressTest.java:81)
    [junit]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
    [junit]

Also, the Ant build refers to junit-3.8.2 - this is not guaranteed to
work with Java 1.3 as there's a assert method that requires Java 1.4
in it.
This will cause a test failure - if it is used. [There's a posting
about this in the archives earlier this year.]
I don't think this is the cause of the above error.

>  The tag is here:
>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jxpath/tags/JXPATH_1_3_RC2/

The rat.xml file is set up to only check Java files.
It should really check all the files apart from specific exceptions -
e.g. the JavaCC-generated files.
However, there don't appear to be any problems.

A few SVN property problems:

svn pd svn:executable
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/util/JXPath11CompatibleTypeConverter.java
svn pd svn:executable
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/util/ReverseComparator.java
svn pd svn:executable
src/test/org/apache/commons/jxpath/ri/model/beans/BadlyImplementedFactoryTest.java

svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathAbstractFactoryException.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathFunctionNotFoundException.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathInvalidAccessException.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathInvalidSyntaxException.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathNotFoundException.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/JXPathTypeConversionException.java

Not sure about this one; check what the other JSPs have:

svn ps svn:eol-style native src/test-webapp/JXPathTest.jsp

These are not blockers.