commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Expressions Sandbox Project...
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:45:38 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I'm not convinced that, once you remove the constraint
>  of a String representation, that what you are talking
>  about is necessarily an "expression".  Also given the
>  concern I brought up about recording, explicitly
>  calling getters doesn't AFAICT obviously yield a
>  result that knows how to accomplish a setValue.

Also, what I'm proposing would be in the sandbox, so maybe I can get
some code in there so that we can look at it.  If we don't like it, we
can remove it or make it dormant.  I just wanted to make sure that the
idea of the project doesn't go against the charter.  I guess in the
strictest sense, it does, since it's somewhat of a "framework."  Then
again, so is proxy.