commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] InvocationRecorder?
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:55:05 GMT
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>  Pico folks do this for years in their web layer. More or less done in
>  ProxyToys technology. They use it also to assemble the components available
>  for each incoming request. However, the interesting part is the replay
>  action. That way the expensive part with all the reflection magic to search
>  the matching components is replaced the second time simply with the
>  recordings of the proxy.

That's exactly what we're looking at here, but the thought is that the
recording piece is common enough that it could be put into proxy.
What the application actually does with the recorded invocations is up
to it.  For instance, we're thinking of generating a class at runtime
that makes the calls using Javassist.