commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <>
Subject Re: Looking at commons-parent-9.pom
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:42:50 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<> wrote:

>  1) Legal Stuff
>  =========================================================================
>  the ASL is missing in the parent pom

That's most possibly a deployment problem. I do not remember the exact
syntax, but it seems that comments are lost unless they are placed in
a specific location, like right after the root element or something
like that.

>  3) Creating sources jar
>  =========================================================================
>  in my projects I always create the sources jar not only for release
> candidates and releases - this allows to quickly make a SNAPSHOT install in
> your local repo including the sources - having said that you can always do a
> manual invocation but it would reduce the complexity of the parent pom

I'd personally be in favour for that, but I doubt that you'll get the
majority here.

>  4) Reporting
>  =========================================================================
>  I have a few standard reporting plugins which could be an useful addition -
> maven-changes-plugin, maven-pmd-plugin, taglist-maven-plugin (codehaus)

As I see it, it goes the other way round: Parent is the minimum,
others may add. I do not know whether removing reports from the parent
works. If that is not the case, then I'd discourage adding more

>  5) commons-build-plugin
>  What is it exactly doing?

Legal stuff, like adding the NOTICE and LICENSE files, AFAIK.

Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: