commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Component ideas
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:52:06 GMT
Hi,

payload - self-extracting jar builder. Useful as an agile install tool.

> gj-scrape - HTML scraping API. Scrapes as a String walker rather than
> trying to tidy up into nice XML and doing DOM.
>
> xmlwriter - output XML. Very simple API and I think still valuable. I
> know there are alternatives out there hidden away in other APIs
> though,...

i would really appreciate such components in commons. I was in need of
them in the last three years. Additionally I would appreciate the
"flat file I/O for integration with legacy systems" Component of Matt.
I worked on lots of EAI stuff the last years and if these component would
support the easy creation of fixed-lenght files and such kind of stuff, you
can
count me to the community :-)

best,
Chris